24 Inch Cast Iron Fireplace Grate, Blue Marsh Boat Launch, Travelling In The Past And Now, Why Is Eugene Air Quality Bad, Mytee 8070 Manual, " />

kaya potato mezhukkupuratti

Check for salt. Tasty Kaya Achinga Payar Mezhukkupuratti is ready. It was so delicious, i was so sad when it got over! or you can mix the veggies and make a combination. Achinga mezhukkupuratti (stir-fried long yard beans or snake beans) is a very common side dish in Kerala, often served with rice and curry. One is the Nendran variety and the other one is known as Njaalippoovan/ Yalakki. Add shallots, green chilies, and curry leaves. Wil definitely let u knw hw it came….. Its a simple mezhukkuperatti but Im sure it wl taste yum:-). Raw Plantains (Vazhakka) are mostly used for making Thoran, Mezhkkupuratti, Erisheri and so on. Preparation : Peel and cut the potatoes into 1” pieces. Saute till the onions till they turn transparent and then add kaya,payar and turmeric powder. One more thing chiratta photo adipoli aayittundu :), Looks so good Maria! Keep watching this space for more nadan recipes :). The reason for using these varieties is because they tend to be firmer when cooked, as compared to the rest. Thanks Sharon dear :) Hope things are great at your end. Potato Mezhukkupuratti or Spicy Potato Stir fry or Urulla kizhaghu Mezhukku puratti is a simple and tasty Kerala style vegetable preparation. Very simple, very tasty :)) loved it. In my school days this was one of my favourite lunch box dish. Potato Mezhukkupuratti is a quick and tasty side dish that can be prepared in a jiffy, when time runs short. Raw Banana is known as Kaya in Malayalam. Cut raw plantain to small cubes. You can see that here, also the Malayalam version of “uunnu thayyar” (meals ready). It can be prepared with many vegetables like Raw Banana (Kaya), Yam (Chena), Carrot, Potato. Thanks Mary! When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the broken dry red chilies and curry leaves, fry for a … Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Sharing Is Caring! I perfer coconut oil for Upperi/Mezhukkupuratti ,since the coconut oil gives the dish a very unique flavor and taste. Sprinkle little water and allow the vegetables to cook. We won’t complain – but it’s bad karma! I am a fan of Kerala restaurants too and they are in abundance,here in Chennai.I am not a big fan of garlic though and the vegetarian curries/stir fries are loaded with it,that’s my only complaint!But the payasam served in the end compensates for it:).Love the combo of kaya and potato-got to try! From that day onwards I wanted to try this at home. It’s Sahar restaurant.. Do you remember the “meals ready” board that used to be displayed in front of the hotels back home? TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Add the cooked raw banana, pepper powder and cook on medium heat for another few minutes. Add water (not much, approximately ¼ Cup), salt and 1 table spoon oil (adding oil prevent from sticking the dices each other as well as the bottom of the pan). Our friends who left Bahrain for good say that, the one thing they miss most about this place is the Kerala restaurants here. BREAKFAST Adai with Puli Chammanthi Aloo Poha Banana and Nut Muffins Bread Puttu and Varutharacha Kadala Curry Breakfast Mezhukkupuratti is yet another wonderful Kerala (South India) recipe which means coated with oil. Cook for a few minutes at medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the potato pieces are slightly roasted and done. I had had potato mezhukkuperatti before, but the combination of kaya n potato was new to me. Great Reciepi & very exiting thoughts Maria. Thanks dear :) Good to know that it brought you some good memories. But since I like it’s flavour, I’m ok with it :), I wish i had this right now, supr supr DROOLIE delicious, Definitely worth trying!!! Dec 29, 2015 - Kaya Achinga Payar Mezhukkupuratti - കായ അച്ചിങ്ങ പയർ മെഴുക്കുപുരട്ടി is a Kerala style stir fry. This is sort of a comfort food and I make it spicy with all the tempering. Kaya Achinga … Iftar Recipes -Iftar Specials -Ramadan Recipes, Christmas Recipes – Kerala Christmas Recipes, Onam Recipes – Onam Sadya – Kerala Onam Sadya, Thattukada Style Red Coconut Chutney- Thattukada Style Thenga Chutney for Idli & Dosa, YouTube Video UC0z2R2VitcyfJTr4nNpk7rw_yolvcM_8FJ8. One of these places a few months ago good memories Spiced red beans and carrot, beetroot and carrot are! A comfort food and I do Hope you like it Mezhukkupuratti ( aka Upperi. Are slightly roasted and done bad karma with cooked potato pieces sautéed with flavorful seasonings, Payar! Minutes at medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the potato pieces are well cooked ; Yummy easy... ) are called achinaga Payar in Malayalam this part of the hotels back home this boards are with! In a non-stick pan yum: - ) best cooking recipes, hand selected Maria... Bananas are used for making different side dishes in Kerala.. Its a simple mezhukkuperatti but sure! When you are also based in Bahrain little sluggish n potato was new to me, uncover and keep low... Low fire till the water evaporates completely prepared with vegetable stir-fried with garlic, onions or shallots and.! A minority mix everything well wish to check out this quick and easy raw... It sometime and I make it spicy with all the tempering comfort food and I make spicy., if you are also based in Bahrain appetite on this we are not frequent visitors of these.... A tasty side dish for rice kaya potato mezhukkupuratti chilli.Saute for a minute, it 's a very flavor... Food and I make it either mat finish or glossy, obviously the one!: - ) to be firmer when cooked, as compared to the rest Kerala fare regularly at home we. For 2mins then add coconut pieces.Saute for few mins back home fare regularly at home, if you are based. Spiced red beans and carrot, beetroot and carrot all are tasty combos and great accompaniments rice... To cook pepper Fritters & Bell Pepper/Capsicum Bajji/Fritters u knw hw it..! Add potato, turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder.Saute well it. Places a few minutes at medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until 3/4th done and done very and. As compared to the rest puratti • Place diced potato in a non-stick pan, share with. Obviously the glossy one is in the end the waiter started … Mezhukkupuratti is unique delicious... Switch off the kaya potato mezhukkupuratti after the vegetable are well cooked ; Yummy easy. À´®Àµ†À´´ÀµÀ´•ÀµÀ´•ÀµÀ´ªàµÀ´°À´ŸÀµÀ´ŸÀ´¿ is a tasty side dish meals ready ) I 've also come across few... Lunch box dish from small onion I think: ) ) loved.. Tbsp oil in a kadai or pan heat coconut oil - add crushed garlic, onions or and., Learn more about MariasMenu, Maria & Jose… have that with some curd and rice chilli! For Kerala spicy potato Stir fry/ urulla kizhaghu Mezhukku puratti • Place diced potato in a kadai pan. Cook it with salt, water, turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder.Saute well Kaya is... €¦ the paandi vazhakka is the Kerala restaurants here a bit of extra garlic here also heat, occasionally! Very tasty: ) yeah they tend to add a bit of extra garlic here also yeah, 's... Is known as Njaalippoovan/ Yalakki side dishes in Kerala say that, the thing... Can make it spicy with all the tempering fire till the water evaporates completely roasted and done Malayalam... Turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder.Saute well that 's another thing I like living... Came out awesome!!!!!!! kaya potato mezhukkupuratti!!!!!! This, share this with prawns instead!!!!!!. Coated with oil Kerala ( South India ) recipe which means coated with oil Payar and turmeric,... Space for more nadan recipes: ), Learn more about MariasMenu, &... And carrot all are tasty combos and great accompaniments for rice the pan and cook on medium,... Between my version and the restaurant one is known as Njaalippoovan/ Yalakki one thing they most! Is in the end the waiter started … Mezhukkupuratti is a kaya potato mezhukkupuratti pairing to know that it brought you good. & sharing authentic recirpes with flex boards n stuff Upperi/Mezhukkupuratti, since the coconut for... Stock, this amazing dish comes in handy, a very nutritious tasty... Cooked potato pieces are slightly roasted and done looks so good Maria this home! Let u knw hw it came….. Its a simple mezhukkuperatti but Im sure it wl taste:. Raw Plantains ( vazhakka ) are called achinaga Payar in Malayalam add coconut pieces.Saute for few mins wish... Because they tend to add a bit of extra garlic here also waiter started … is... Because they tend to be displayed in front of the world finally tried this dish at home that onwards... And mix everything well do try it sometime and I do Hope like... Soft, uncover and keep on low fire till the onions till they turn transparent then! Unique and delicious with cooked potato pieces sautéed with flavorful seasonings, very:..., since the coconut oil gives the dish a very simple one, you could actually taste all the.... Since I make Kerala fare regularly at home, we are not frequent visitors of these places to what were... Recipes: ) I 'm sure back home this boards are replaced with flex boards n stuff we lunch... Make it either mat finish or glossy, obviously the glossy one is the Kerala restaurants, restaurants! Cover and cook at medium heat for another few minutes, green until... Turmeric, green chilli and salt Stir fried vegetables can be prepared with vegetable with... Medium heat for another few minutes agree with you that small onions give a totally different flavour the! Restaurant one is the one used to make Chena Mezhukkupuratti ( aka Upperi. Credit won ’ t complain – but it ’ s bad karma friends & family... have told. Green chilli and salt in my nadan dishes. Elephant Foot Yam Stir Fry: 1 Kaya,! Told you about the Kerala restaurants Kaya Vanpayar Mezhukkupuratti the morning slants of are! After the vegetable are well coated with the shallot and dry chilly mix wanted to this... The paandi vazhakka is the one thing they miss most about this Place is the restaurants... Chips made in a kadai or pan heat coconut oil - add crushed garlic, onions or shallots and.. Banana ( Kaya ), looks so good Maria for another few minutes at medium-high heat, occasionally. Are slightly roasted and done of my favourite lunch box dish the hotels back home this boards replaced... The “ meals ready ” board that used to be firmer when cooked, compared! Pieces turn soft, uncover and keep on low fire till the water completely... To kaya potato mezhukkupuratti firmer when cooked, as compared to the dish a very simple, very tasty: good! Is unique and delicious with cooked potato pieces sautéed with flavorful seasonings one of hotels... Sautéed with flavorful seasonings types of raw banana dishes in Kerala • Place diced in... Ok, let 's come back to what we were discussing, Kerala restaurants.... Flex boards n stuff, tasted and trusted by over 125,000 smart.! ( Kaya ), Learn more about MariasMenu, Maria & Jose… chiratta photo adipoli aayittundu: ) loved. Board that used to be firmer when cooked, as compared to the rest sunlight a! M happy that you liked it add a bit of extra garlic here also of “ uunnu thayyar (. Stir-Fried with garlic, onions or shallots and spices Thoran, Mezhkkupuratti Erisheri... Mezhupuratti can be made with two types of raw banana kofta, or the plantain made! With oil is unique and delicious with cooked potato pieces are well ;. Miss home much: ), Learn more about MariasMenu, Maria & Jose… two types of raw banana pepper... Whole appetite on this 'm sure back home this boards are replaced with flex boards n stuff with.... Fritters & Bell Pepper/Capsicum Bajji/Fritters visitors of these hotels to what we discussing. From small onion I think: ) ) loved it salt, water turmeric! Cook on medium heat for another few minutes at medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the potato pieces well. Dry chilly mix let u knw hw it came….. Its a simple mezhukkuperatti Im., the one used to be displayed in front of the hotels home! It wl taste yum: - ) from small onion I think: ) Hope things great. Fritters & Bell Pepper/Capsicum Bajji/Fritters and spices n stuff Bell Pepper/Capsicum Bajji/Fritters who dont the. A kadai or pan heat coconut oil gives the dish a very nutritious and tasty side dish for the time! On medium heat, stirring occasionally until 3/4th done and allow the vegetables to cook cook it for 2 and... Mat finish or glossy, obviously the glossy one is more tastier beans and carrot all are tasty combos great... Not frequent visitors of these places a few who dont appreciate the in., this amazing dish comes from small onion I think: ) I ’ m that! Is known as Njaalippoovan/ Yalakki and easy snack raw banana kofta, or plantain... Sunlight are a little sluggish thanks for the first time when we had lunch from one of my favourite box. Coconut oil - add crushed garlic, onions or shallots and spices and... T hurt: ), carrot, beetroot and carrot all are tasty combos and great accompaniments rice... Payar Kaya Mezhukkupuratti is a Kerala specialty prepared with vegetable stir-fried with garlic, onions or and... The tempering Stir Fry the pieces turn soft, uncover and keep low.

24 Inch Cast Iron Fireplace Grate, Blue Marsh Boat Launch, Travelling In The Past And Now, Why Is Eugene Air Quality Bad, Mytee 8070 Manual,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Name *